Skip to main content

CE opens social media accounts

Chief Executive John Lee launched a Facebook page, an Instagram account and a Weibo account today to enhance contact and communication with the public.   People are welcome to visit his social media page and accounts. http://dlvr.it/ST8zqb

No virus cases in 4 restricted areas

The Government announced that the compulsory testing exercises and enforcement operations for the restricted areas in Tsim Sha Tsui, Yuen Long, Hung Hom and Yau Ma Tei finished today with no positive cases found.   It said after the compulsory testing exercises have been completed, people in the restricted areas who can present SMS notifications with negative test results or are wearing wristbands as proof of having undergone testing can leave the areas.   The Government exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation on February 1 to make restriction-testing declarations, requiring people within the four specified restricted areas to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing.   They had to stay in their premises until all people in the areas were tested and the test results were mostly ascertained.   Additionally, the Government issued compulsory testing notices to those who had been at these buildings for more than two hours from January 19 to February 1 to undergo compulsory testing by February 3 even if they were not present in the restricted areas when the declarations took effect.   The Government set up temporary specimen collection stations at the restricted areas and requested people subject to mandatory testing to have their combined nasal and throat swab samples collected for COVID-19 testing.   About 265 residents in the Tsim Sha Tsui restricted area, 172 in the Yuen Long one, 1,006 in Hung Hom, and 260 in Yau Ma Tei were tested, and no new confirmed cases were found.   Enforcement actions were carried out immediately after the compulsory testing exercises to verify that all people in the restricted areas had undergone testing.   Twenty people, including one from the Tsim Sha Tsui restricted area, three from Hung Hom and 16 from Yau Ma Tei, who did not undergo mandatory testing were fined a fixed penalty of $5,000 and issued with a compulsory testing order.   Meanwhile, the Government assigned staff to visit a total of about 680 households in the four restricted areas, of which more than 100 did not answer the door. Some of them are vacant units or used as a warehouse.   Those who did not answer the door are urged to contact the Government for arranging testing as soon as possible.
http://dlvr.it/Rrs7kX

Popular posts from this blog

Download Ricepon App on iPhone and Android

I found a very good dining app in Hong Kong. You can use QR Code to order food in restaurant, order takeaway at home and enjoy coupon. iPhone Download : https://tinyurl.com/wywn5lc Android Download : https://tinyurl.com/tnvlug8 Ricepon App Official Website : http://www.gingersoft.com.hk/ricepon-app/

Railway settlement exceeds limit

The construction works of a relocation project in Kowloon have been suspended after a settlement monitoring checkpoint exceeded the limit, the Government said today.   The project relocates supporting operational facilities of Tsim Sha Tsui Fire Station Complex, Fire Services Club and other fire services accommodations to To Wah Road in Kowloon.   The Government explained that the readings recorded in a settlement monitoring checkpoint installed inside the railway tunnel between Kowloon Station and Olympic Station of the MTR Tung Chung Line had reached 20.27mm on September 7. The preset trigger level for works suspension is 20mm.   For the sake of prudence, the Mass Transit Railway Corporation suspended relevant works within the railway protection area on the same day.   The Buildings Department and the Architectural Services Department deployed staff to inspect the affected railway tunnel and confirmed that it is structurally safe.   The Electrical & Mechanical Services