Skip to main content

RMB stock trading backed

Secretary for Financial Services & the Treasury Christopher Hui today expressed his gratitude to various listed issuers in Hong Kong for their support to the proposal of setting up a renminbi (RMB) stock trading counter.   Mr Hui stated that further to the help rendered by the Legislative Council Panel on Financial Affairs regarding the Government's proposed measures to promote the issuance and trading of RMB stocks in Hong Kong and enhance the trading mechanism, a number of listed issuers have also backed the proposal.   Such listed issuers will actively explore the feasibility of setting up a new RMB trading counter for their issued shares.   Mr Hui explained that listed issuers who indicated their support today include Hang Seng Index constituent stocks with promising turnover.   “Their participation is a vote of confidence to the development of RMB securities in Hong Kong, which will be conducive to our promotion work to other issuers, enabling Hong Kong to graduall

Delayed release of test results probed

The Food & Health Bureau today said follow-up actions have been taken against its service provider’s delay in notifying people of their COVID-19 test results within two days after undergoing tests at Henry G Leong Yaumatei Community Centre.   The bureau made the statement in response to media enquiries concerning members of the public not being able to receive test results within two days after attending that community testing centre on March 3.   It said KingMed Diagnostics (Hong Kong), which runs the testing centre, encountered technical issues on March 4 while uploading test results of specimens collected from community testing centres and mobile testing stations on March 3.   Due to this problem, the service provider failed to send out on March 4 the negative results of those who underwent testing.   The delay was resolved by noon on March 6, the third day after testing, and all relevant test results had been sent to the people concerned on the same day.   About 6,000 people were affected by the incident and all their test results were negative.   The bureau noted that the incident did not involve the accuracy or validity of the test and no personal data was lost.   Regarding a media report which claimed a person who underwent testing on March 4 at Henry G Leong Yaumatei Community Centre had not received the test result by March 6, the service provider stated that specimens collected from the centre on March 4 were all tested on March 6, and the test results were uploaded in batches for people who underwent testing on the same day.   The bureau pointed out that though the incident did not affect the service provider’s progress in conducting tests or the accuracy of the results, and it did not compromise the objective of identifying confirmed cases as early as possible, it did inconvenience those who underwent testing.   Staff of the concerned community testing centre also failed to accurately reply enquiries from the public, it added.   The bureau described the situation as very unsatisfactory, adding it had taken stringent follow-up actions, including instructing the service provider to conduct a thorough investigation, submit an incident report and make improvements.   The service provider was also suspended from operating new mobile specimen collection stations when the situation was being resolved.   It will take further follow-up actions in accordance with the contract should similar situations occur in the future, the bureau added.
http://dlvr.it/RvL628

Popular posts from this blog

Download Ricepon App on iPhone and Android

I found a very good dining app in Hong Kong. You can use QR Code to order food in restaurant, order takeaway at home and enjoy coupon. iPhone Download : https://tinyurl.com/wywn5lc Android Download : https://tinyurl.com/tnvlug8 Ricepon App Official Website : http://www.gingersoft.com.hk/ricepon-app/

124 COVID-19 cases reported

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating 124 additional COVID-19 cases. More cases were detected in Kwai Chung Estate. There are also more than 70 preliminary positive cases.   Among the newly reported cases, 33 are related to Kwai Chung Estate, bringing the total number of positive and preliminary positive cases in the estate to 276.   One more positive case was found after an earlier confirmed case occurred at Glory Court, Tsuen Wan Garden, both of them live in units 5 but on two different floors. The centre has co-ordinated with related government departments and conducted an inspection today.    It was preliminarily considered that vertical transmission of virus via pipes is involved.   The centre will issue quarantine orders to residents of unit 5 on all floors of the building who resided there during the incubation period of the relevant cases and transfer them to a quarantine facility.   As it is possible that virus might be ejected from the open