Skip to main content

CE opens social media accounts

Chief Executive John Lee launched a Facebook page, an Instagram account and a Weibo account today to enhance contact and communication with the public.   People are welcome to visit his social media page and accounts. http://dlvr.it/ST8zqb

1 COVID-19 case found

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating one additional COVID-19 case involving a 29-year-old Indonesian domestic helper.   She arrived in Hong Kong on April 25 and stayed in a quarantine hotel until May 16. After she left the hotel, she stayed with her employer until May 20.   Centre for Health Protection Communicable Disease Branch Head Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan told a press briefing today that the helper is being considered as a possible local case with an unknown source of infection.   “The positive antibodies signify that she had been infected for more than 10 days or longer.   “So it is very likely that she had been infected while she was in Indonesia but it went unnoticed.   “Of course, there are other possibilities such that she may have acquired the infection at the airport or on the plane.   “On the aeroplane, we found that there were another three cases on the same flight, but they did not sit close to her.   “For the hotel, we have not found any other cases who stayed on the same floor. We check the staff weekly and the last test was on May 18. They were all negative.”   Dr Chuang also reported that there are less than five preliminary positive COVID-19 cases, including a locally infected one involving a 39-year-old Indonesian domestic helper.   “She stayed in a temporary residence provided by her agent and in the same flat there were four other domestic helpers. They will be treated as close contacts and put under quarantine and tested. So far, we have not heard of any positive case among them.   “It would be treated as an unlinked local case at the moment.”   Dr Chuang said if this case is confirmed, it would signify there are still hidden transmission chains in the community.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government's dedicated webpage.  
http://dlvr.it/S0BkQB

Popular posts from this blog

Download Ricepon App on iPhone and Android

I found a very good dining app in Hong Kong. You can use QR Code to order food in restaurant, order takeaway at home and enjoy coupon. iPhone Download : https://tinyurl.com/wywn5lc Android Download : https://tinyurl.com/tnvlug8 Ricepon App Official Website : http://www.gingersoft.com.hk/ricepon-app/

Railway settlement exceeds limit

The construction works of a relocation project in Kowloon have been suspended after a settlement monitoring checkpoint exceeded the limit, the Government said today.   The project relocates supporting operational facilities of Tsim Sha Tsui Fire Station Complex, Fire Services Club and other fire services accommodations to To Wah Road in Kowloon.   The Government explained that the readings recorded in a settlement monitoring checkpoint installed inside the railway tunnel between Kowloon Station and Olympic Station of the MTR Tung Chung Line had reached 20.27mm on September 7. The preset trigger level for works suspension is 20mm.   For the sake of prudence, the Mass Transit Railway Corporation suspended relevant works within the railway protection area on the same day.   The Buildings Department and the Architectural Services Department deployed staff to inspect the affected railway tunnel and confirmed that it is structurally safe.   The Electrical & Mechanical Services