Skip to main content

CE opens social media accounts

Chief Executive John Lee launched a Facebook page, an Instagram account and a Weibo account today to enhance contact and communication with the public.   People are welcome to visit his social media page and accounts. http://dlvr.it/ST8zqb

Voucher scheme monitored

The Government will continue to monitor the implementation of the Consumption Voucher Scheme to ensure that it operates smoothly, Secretary for Financial Services & the Treasury Christopher Hui said today.   He made the remarks when answering questions from lawmakers at a Legislative Council meeting.   The scheme received about 6.9 million registrations, with the first voucher of $2,000 disbursed on August 1 and September 1 to a total of about 6.3 million eligible people.   Mr Hui noted that the consumption vouchers disbursed have effectively produced a stimulating effect on the market and significantly boosted the business of merchants, adding that the community's overall response is very positive.   For the remaining 600,000 or so registrations, half of them were from ineligible people or duplicated, while the other half were not further processed due to incomplete or incorrect information provided.   More than 280,000 registrants had either provided supplementary information or corrected the information, and about 19,000 registrations could not be processed when the registration period ended.   To allow sufficient time for relevant registrants to provide supplementary information, the Government made special arrangements for them to resubmit their registrations in paper form.   Mr Hui said some registrants realised that their registrations were not successful when they failed to receive the vouchers on September 1. As some of them wanted to resubmit their registrations as soon as possible, there was a sudden influx of visitors to the scheme's secretariat in Mong Kok, resulting in a longer waiting time.   He noted the Government regretted that some senior citizens had to travel a long way to the secretariat to make their resubmissions, which reflected that there is room for improvement in the resubmission implementation, preparation and arrangements.   The treasury chief also emphasised that the Government had responded immediately to the matter by extending the special arrangement for two weeks, increasing manpower substantially and adding three service centres in Central, Tai Po and Tuen Mun to facilitate people's re-registrations.   So far, the secretariat and the three additional service centres have been running smoothly and a long waiting period is no longer necessary.   Mr Hui added that about 18,200 registrations have been resubmitted under the special arrangement as at September 14, of which about 13,000 have been processed. Relevant registrants will receive the first voucher of $2,000 on October 1 upon eligibility confirmation.
http://dlvr.it/S7ckFr

Popular posts from this blog

Download Ricepon App on iPhone and Android

I found a very good dining app in Hong Kong. You can use QR Code to order food in restaurant, order takeaway at home and enjoy coupon. iPhone Download : https://tinyurl.com/wywn5lc Android Download : https://tinyurl.com/tnvlug8 Ricepon App Official Website : http://www.gingersoft.com.hk/ricepon-app/

Railway settlement exceeds limit

The construction works of a relocation project in Kowloon have been suspended after a settlement monitoring checkpoint exceeded the limit, the Government said today.   The project relocates supporting operational facilities of Tsim Sha Tsui Fire Station Complex, Fire Services Club and other fire services accommodations to To Wah Road in Kowloon.   The Government explained that the readings recorded in a settlement monitoring checkpoint installed inside the railway tunnel between Kowloon Station and Olympic Station of the MTR Tung Chung Line had reached 20.27mm on September 7. The preset trigger level for works suspension is 20mm.   For the sake of prudence, the Mass Transit Railway Corporation suspended relevant works within the railway protection area on the same day.   The Buildings Department and the Architectural Services Department deployed staff to inspect the affected railway tunnel and confirmed that it is structurally safe.   The Electrical & Mechanical Services