Skip to main content

Apr exports value up 1.1%

The value of Hong Kong’s total goods exports increased to $389 billion in April, up 1.1% compared with the same month last year, the Census & Statistics Department announced today.   The value of imports of goods rose 2.1% to $425.6 billion for the same period.   A trade deficit of $36.6 billion, or 8.6% of the value of imports, was recorded for the month.   Comparing the three-month period ending April with the preceding three months on a seasonally adjusted basis, the value of total exports decreased 12% while that of imports fell 11.7%.   The Government said epidemic-induced transportation disruptions, though easing somewhat in the latter part of the month, continued to constrain export performance.   It pointed out that exports to the Mainland fell while those to the US and the European Union posted visible growth.   Looking ahead, the global economic outlook has worsened amid rampant inflation in some major economies and monetary policy tightening by respective cen

S1 allocations to be released

Parents of Primary 6 students participating in the 2022 Secondary School Places Allocation System will receive notifications on May 4 if their applications have been successful, the Education Bureau said today.   Parents do not need to reply to schools to say whether they accept the discretionary place offers or not.   Parents who have also successfully applied for a school place in a non-participating Direct Subsidy Scheme (NDSS) secondary school for their children should decide whether to retain the offer from the school.   If they decide to retain the offer from an NDSS secondary school, they should disregard the notifications from the participating secondary schools.   However, if parents decide to decline the offer they should notify the NDSS secondary school and retrieve the originals of the signed undertaking as well as the Primary 6 Student Record Form by May 12, in order to retain the school place successfully applied for in the discretionary place stage.   Students who have not been offered a discretionary place are required to participate in the central allocation.   Primary 6 students will receive the Choice Form, the Notes for Parents and the Secondary School List for their school net from their primary school.   Parents may refer to the Handbook for Unrestricted School Choices distributed to primary schools, or obtain the latest version of the handbook via the bureau’s website and the automatic telephone enquiry system’s fax service on 2891 0088.   To reduce gatherings and maintain social distancing in light of the COVID-19 epidemic, the bureau advised primary schools to make flexible arrangements to support parents in making school choices.   Schools may consider providing parents with information or advice by video conferencing, phone or email, and distribute the choice-making documents to parents of cross-boundary students by post or email.   The bureau reminded parents to complete and return the Choice Form to primary schools for submission by May 30.
http://dlvr.it/SPgkVW

Popular posts from this blog

Download Ricepon App on iPhone and Android

I found a very good dining app in Hong Kong. You can use QR Code to order food in restaurant, order takeaway at home and enjoy coupon. iPhone Download : https://tinyurl.com/wywn5lc Android Download : https://tinyurl.com/tnvlug8 Ricepon App Official Website : http://www.gingersoft.com.hk/ricepon-app/

Railway settlement exceeds limit

The construction works of a relocation project in Kowloon have been suspended after a settlement monitoring checkpoint exceeded the limit, the Government said today.   The project relocates supporting operational facilities of Tsim Sha Tsui Fire Station Complex, Fire Services Club and other fire services accommodations to To Wah Road in Kowloon.   The Government explained that the readings recorded in a settlement monitoring checkpoint installed inside the railway tunnel between Kowloon Station and Olympic Station of the MTR Tung Chung Line had reached 20.27mm on September 7. The preset trigger level for works suspension is 20mm.   For the sake of prudence, the Mass Transit Railway Corporation suspended relevant works within the railway protection area on the same day.   The Buildings Department and the Architectural Services Department deployed staff to inspect the affected railway tunnel and confirmed that it is structurally safe.   The Electrical & Mechanical Services