Skip to main content

Posts

Testing records checked

The Government today completed a joint enforcement operation at Block 12 of Richland Gardens in Kowloon Bay, which was earlier included in a compulsory testing notice.   The enforcement action was conducted from around 8am to 11am by the Constitutional & Mainland Affairs Bureau together with Police and the Department of Health.   Out of the 269 people whose records were checked, three had failed to comply with the notice. They were issued with a compulsory testing order and a fixed penalty notice of $10,000. http://dlvr.it/SZ0L6k
Recent posts

5.2k local virus cases identified

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is looking into 5,231 additional locally acquired COVID-19 cases, of which 1,315 were identified through nucleic acid tests and 3,916 via rapid antigen tests.   Separately, 156 imported cases were found and 12 more patients passed away.   Six residential care homes for the elderly and disabled people logged eight virus cases involving their residents.   There were also 552 positive cases, involving 471 students and 81 staff, filed by 391 schools.   In view of the stabilising local epidemic situation, the centre said it will adjust its risk communication strategy. It announced that from September 25, the press briefing on updates of COVID-19 cases will be suspended.   ​The Hospital Authority announced that it will resume services, including the Saturday and evening clinic services, of four general out-patient clinics from tomorrow.   The authority's eight designated clinics for COVID-19 confirmed cases and tele-consultations

1 more resident comes home safely

One more Hong Kong resident who had sought help from the Immigration Department has safely returned to Hong Kong from Thailand, the Security Bureau said today.   The individual concerned came back to the city with the aid of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Chinese Embassy in the Kingdom of Cambodia and the bureau’s dedicated task force.   So far, 16 assistance seekers have safely come home under the task force’s co-ordination.   The bureau urged people to contact the Immigration Department as soon as possible if they know or have received information of victims in need of help.   They may use the WhatsApp hotline 5190 8909, contact the department’s Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit at (852) 1868, call the 1868 hotline by network data via the department’s mobile app or submit an Online Assistance Request Form. http://dlvr.it/SYn0Gq

Testing compliance checks done

The Government today completed enforcement operations at Block 6 of Hanford Garden in Tuen Mun and Goldwin Heights at 2 Seymour Road in Mid-Levels, which were earlier included in compulsory testing notices.   The Civil Service Bureau conducted the Tuen Mun enforcement action from around 8.30am to 11.30am, while the Central & Western District Office carried out the Mid-Levels operation from around 8am to 11am.   Both actions were conducted together with Police and the Department of Health.   The Government arranged for staff to verify the testing certifications of people subject to compulsory testing at the buildings’ entrances and exits.   During the operations, the test records of about 200 people in Block 6 of Hanford Garden and about 430 people in Goldwin Heights were checked.   As a result, seven people in total were found to have violated the compulsory testing notice and were issued with a compulsory testing order.    A fixed penalty notice of $10,000 was also iss

Chan Kwok-ki to chair review body

The Government today announced the Chief Executive’s appointment of members of the Candidate Eligibility Review Committee (CERC) commencing on September 19.   The Chief Executive appointed Chief Secretary Chan Kwok-ki as CERC Chairperson and Secretary for Home & Youth Affairs Alice Mak as its official member pursuant to section 9A of the Chief Executive Election Ordinance.   Financial Secretary Paul Chan ceases to be Committee Chairperson when the new appointment takes effect.   Pursuant to section 9A(2) of the ordinance, the CERC is to consist of the chairperson, at least two but not more than four official members, and at least one but not more than three non-official members.   Section 9A(4) of the ordinance further stipulates that only a principal official appointed pursuant to a nomination under Article 48(5) of the Basic Law is eligible for appointment as the chairperson or an official member.   The appointment notice has been gazetted and reported to the Central Pe

Algernon Yau to visit Cambodia

Secretary for Commerce & Economic Development Algernon Yau will depart Hong Kong tomorrow for Cambodia to attend an Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economic Ministers meeting scheduled for September 17.   At the Sixth ASEAN Economic Ministers - Hong Kong, China Consultation meeting, Mr Yau and participating economic ministers of ASEAN member states (AMS) will discuss the progress of the free trade agreement’s implementation.   There will also be discussions on the related investment agreement between ASEAN and Hong Kong.   On the meeting’s sidelines, Mr Yau will hold bilateral meetings with various AMS economic ministers to exchange views on regional co-operation and issues of mutual interest.   The commerce chief will also attend a luncheon to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and visit Hong Kong enterprises in Cambodia.        Mr Yau will return to Hong Kong on the evening of September 18. D

Kwai Tsing district officer named

The Government today announced that Assistant District Officer (Kwai Tsing) Huggin Tang will assume the post of District Officer (Kwai Tsing) tomorrow, succeeding Kenneth Cheng.   Mr Tang joined the administrative service in 2008. He has served in the then Food & Health Bureau, the Constitutional & Mainland Affairs Bureau, the Security Bureau and the Labour & Welfare Bureau. http://dlvr.it/SY9dwt